I guess it's not a virtue I possess, because I just couldn't wait two whole weeks to finish Jack's quilt. Instead of using my mom's machine the next time we were in Utah, we decided to sneak into the sewing lab on campus. There were multiple signs indicating that you could only use the machines if you were a current student in a sewing class. However, there were only two other girls in there and I had no other means of doing the machine quilting within the time frame I desired. We felt like convicts on the run with a trunk full of marijuana, which isn't a bad feeling. We were living life on the edge for a couple hours. Well, we came as close to the edge as a pregnant lady in Rexburg, Idaho can come.
For those that are interested, here are some close-ups of the quilting and stuff, but pictures just don't quite do it justice. The details are best in person.

Not sure what happened with the coloring of this one, but it's actually a darker green like the green on the record.



I'd LOVE to hear what my Grandma Bascom has to say about this quilt. She was a major quilter, but her function-focused, efficient mind wouldn't be able to make sense of it all. She'd think I was absolutely crazy.
Mom and Dad-It turned out very cute. I don't know if I should use cute for a little boys quilt. I think he will love it. Now you just have to make one for your other boy.
ReplyDeleteNat!! It looks amazing! I can't believe you and your crazy mind. When you set your mind to something you can't seem to let it go. Kind of reminds me of someone we both know.....um DAD!! Can't wait to see it in person. My mind can't even fathom how much more amazing it could look. I'm sure Grandma is so proud. Finally someone taking on her knack and talent! Aunt Shelee and Traci are pretty amazed as well. Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteIf I didn't love you so much I think I might hate you. You're amazing!!! I can't believe it. I'm jealous of your talent and abilities. Teach me?
ReplyDeleteI want to learn for real! It's so very cute. Help me oh quilting goddess! Was that over the top? It was huh? Okay, well still... teach me to be more like you. If its teachable that is...
ReplyDeleteMaybe part of the 202 reu could be lessons in Nat-hood. Obviously, I won't be giving out all of my secrets in one lesson, but we could have a beginner's lesson I suppose.
ReplyDelete