Friday, July 2, 2010

Entrepreneurs

Adam and I can't seem to kick this entrepreneurial spirit. After designing the invitation for my baby shower, we got thinking about it in the business sense. So this past week, Adam's been working on different designs for baby shower invites, baby announcements, etc. etc. He's going to be starting his own etsy account where he'll post these designs. He'll design invitations and announcements for all occasions and then sell the image for $10-15. People will choose their layout, email pictures and information, then we'll send them back a file to get printed at their local copy place. Others who are doing this on etsy are making about $2,000 a month. So, we think there could be some great potential. Best of all, it costs us nothing to produce these files! Every penny is profit. Here are some examples of what Adam's been working on.

This is the invitation that started it all.

Same invite, different colors. He's got about 10 different ones.

Cute argyle one

Girly one, with a tribute of sorts to Fae Drake, my grandma.

Boy circles.

The elephant that he made, which will soon be featured on some designs.

The giraffe he made from a picture of the Valentine's box I made at work.

All of the announcements still need pictures, but you get the idea. I'm thinking this could be awesome for Adam's portfolio and resume. I think potential employers would be very impressed by a recent college graduate who already has a design business. So cross your fingers and pass the word on to anyone in need of an invitation, announcement, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Adam they look great. You both are going to get this little business going and hopefully it will take off and go. It looks like a fun part time job. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to add that Brady Jay Drake is a tribute to me! These look awesome. I'm very impressed and would order from Adam if I happened to need anything designed:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome designs Adam!! I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete