Friday, December 2, 2011

The Event of the Season

If you've talked to me recently, then I've probably talked your ear off about our ward's How the Grinch Stole Christmas Ward Party. A month ago I was asked to be on the committee. I soon found out that my little West Jordan Fontaine Claire Ward idea of a ward party was much different from the Price Hills Ward idea. This was a themed, detailed, theatrical event. I was in charge of the food and it all turned out great. We had BBQ "Roast Beast" Sandwiches and Dutch oven potatoes. We took some pictures of the decorations, but you really had to be there to get all of the magnificence. I was at the church last night from 5 pm til 1 am setting things up. I'll be honest, at the time I thought we were over doing it. But after seeing it all come together and see how well it all worked and how great the cultural hall looked I'd say it was well worth the lack of sleep. It was like planning and setting up for a wedding, though. Every little detail had to look fantastic and go with the theme. I'll just say that I've gained a new appreciation for the people who put on these things. They just give of their time willingly and freely so that they can create a fun time for someone else.

Anyway, Adam took some pictures for me so that I could remember all the hard work that went into this awesome party.





 I loved the cute Who-ville centerpieces. I even got to bring one home!
 We had Grinch coloring pages for the kids.
 People brought gifts for kids in our ward. They put it under either the Who girls tree or the Who boys tree


 There was a big tree in the middle of the room that was up on a table. It was the city center tree that the Whos sing around.
 The food. Little buns for little whos and big buns for big whos.



 We had a concession stand where we had popcorn and licorice for the Grinch play.
 Each family got to have their picture taken with The Grinch. An awesome guy in our ward dressed up like the Grinch all night long.
 Cindy Lou Who's Sweet Shoppe
 The Grinch and the Bishop
The stage set-up for the play. 

It's a great relief to have this party over with, but it was also pretty fun to plan for the most part. It was a really fun kick-off to the holiday season.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That would have been worth a drive down to see. I wish they would do Christmas in the Springtime. Like maybe April 6th, or something. Sounds like a very well done event. It also looks like they brought it is under budget. Ha ha. The grinch looks great. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! It looks great! I guess we should have supported our ward and went... oops.
    I like that yours was a family party and not just an adult party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Job well done Nat. I love the ideas your ward had for all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is the coolest looking ward party I've ever seen! I'm sure it's all because you were involved. I especially love the WhoVille centerpieces. Your ward is cool. Mine is too...we're just not as creative as your ward...I guess. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete