Now that we're getting into the fun stage of Jack experimenting with language and voicing his cute, silly opinions and concerns, you'll probably start seeing from time to time a post devoted to funny, sweet things he's been saying or doing. Enjoy.... (cause we sure do)
Some of you may have already heard some of these, but I still want to get them written down.
He shows signs of extreme enthusiasm for food, which I absolutely love. He's an awesome eater and gobbles anything we put in front of him. Some of the more interesting things that he loves are feta cheese, broccoli, and hummus. So here's what Jack's got to say about some of his favorite foods...
-While eating a hot dog: "You da man, Ketchup"
-About a particularly good batch of oatmeal one morning: "This AMAZING, Mom!"
-And every morning when I pour him a cup of milk, he gets all giggly and can't sit still. It's his happiest time in the whole day.
He's got some words of advice occasionally too:
-While Adam and I were cleaning up the gross mess he made during naptime and lecturing him about how naughty it is to play with one's feces, he looked up at Adam and said, "Don't worry, Daddy." Well said, Jack Jack, well said.
He gives very heart felt, sincere compliments:
-To me: "Hair prettiful, Mom."
-To Adam: "Good job keeping pants on, Daddy." (As you may have gathered, we've been having difficulties keeping pants on lately. Which is particularly difficult when we also have difficulties keeping hands out of diapers...)
He's developing some good manners:
-"Scuse me, I burped."
-"Umm, Daddy, Mister Daddy?" (It's always good to teach a child to respect their elders, right?)
It's fun to see him experimenting with voice inflection especially with raising your voice at the end of a question. When he asks a question he raises his voice for the whole question, then goes even higher at the end.
-His favorite question is: "Mommy, whatchoo doin?" It cracks me up every time because he says it in a condescending kind of way as if I'm in trouble or something.
-He likes to start conversations with questions too. At dinner while Joneses were here he was sitting by Jake and asked: "You like potatoes, Jacob?"
It's been a long time coming, but he is finally expressing love for people and things on a regular basis.
-Talking about Nana to Kelsey he said, "I love her, Kelsey."
-One night he was having a really hard time getting to sleep, so I gave in and when to rock him. As I was trying to calm him and make him sleepy he whispered to me, "I love you so much."
-And on the topic of love, he's starting to talk a lot about marriage and getting married in the temple. So last night he found a tie in our closet and wrapped it around his neck. Then he came over to Adam and said, "Daddy, I getting married!" He hasn't picked the girl yet, but he sure has the tie picked out.
One of his favorite responses to being asked to do something these days is to say, "I can't."
-Ever since the experience with the girl with the claws in nursery, he's had a harder time going. One Sunday at the end of Sacrament we were prepping him for it and he started shaking his head saying, "No nursery, I can't. I can't!"
-Then on the same night that he couldn't sleep Adam went in after I had attempting twice to rock him to sleep. The first thing he told Adam when he picked him up was, "Jack Jack can't sleep." He sure is figuring out how to take advantage of our emotions, huh?
He loves music and catches on to melodies and lyrics incredibly fast. Some of the songs he likes to sing are:
-Don't Worry Baby by The Beach Boys
-Let it Be by The Beatles
-Hey Hey We're the Monkees by The Monkees
-We are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
-Tiny Turtle
-Popcorn on the Apricot Tree
-Sleeping Bunnies (from nursery)
-The Birthday Song
-Elmo's Song
-I Love to See the Temple
-And so many more... He listens to a song a couples times then starts singing the chorus along with you. Crazy kid.
Wow. This ended up being a lot longer than intended. Some of these are from a while ago. So next time I'll try not to wait so long before I do this. Hope you liked it.
What a silly kiddo! He's so smart!
ReplyDeleteHey I never even saw this post. But it's a good one. Suuuuuch a cute, sweet kid. I can't wait to see him. In a month. Plan on it.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I can't believe I haven't seen this till now! It's so very sweet to hear these little conversations and see his personality as it develops. I'm reading this in bed and giggling ...trying not to wake Papa :)
ReplyDelete