Sunday, March 14, 2010

Splash of Color

In making the apartment look cute and clean Friday night, I discovered how badly I needed something cute above my sink. After discussing the situation with my crafty, decorating sister, Mel, I decided to make a back splash out of scrapbook paper. There's this great blog that shows you how to make super cute stuff for cheap and we got the idea there. So I reused a canvas I bought and ruined with my limited art abilities last month. I bought 5 pages of scrapbook paper for $0.69 each and bought some glossy Mod Podge. Then I cut up the pieces of paper into squares, glued them onto the canvas, Mod Podged the whole thing. And Viola! I've got a new back splash for my kitchen! Adam calls it Bohemian, I just call it cute.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! Mine probably will not turn out that cute. I'm going to try anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete