On the left is cilantro and on the right is basil.
Since we don't have a dog, we're practicing parenthood on the plants. If the way we treat our plants is any indication of what kind of parents we'll be, then Jack is going to be smothered with love and attention until he can't breathe. Yesterday on separate occasions, we both gave the herbs massive amounts of tap water cause they were "thirsty."
I do admit to playing favorites, though. I'll usually just water the herbs and then leave the plants for Adam to water. I love having fresh herbs always ready to chop up and put into dinner. I never realized what a difference it makes to use fresh. I used to hate basil because the dried stuff smells like dog food. Our whole meal last night was full of fresh basil though and I loved it. I came home from work this morning and smelled the basil as soon as I walked in. It was great.
No comments:
Post a Comment