Monday, November 8, 2010

Winter Blues

When my alarm went off this morning at 7:00, I knew it would be a better idea to stay in bed all day. Boy was I right. Instead of following my instinct, I got out of bed. I walked outside to what some call a winter wonderland, but I know better. The snow just kept coming down all day. Rexburg's wet, messy snow differs greatly from Utah's powdery, "Best Snow on Earth" snow. Rexburg's snow turns straight into slush.

Well, Jack and I braved the weather while Adam was in class. I went grocery shopping and came home soaked from trudging through the parking lots. Wet shoes. Wet socks. Wet pants. Hate it.

Eventually the day took a turn for the better, though. I realized that we didn't take any pictures yesterday of just Jack. So I got him back in his outfit and took some cute pictures of the blessing boy.


 LOVED the shoes.





Then the day took a turn for the MUCH better. Food has a tendency to do that for me... We had a delicious, decadent meal tonight. I'm full, but thinking about it makes me want to go warm up the left overs. Get this: We had prosciutto wrapped sirloin cubes with an awesome mustard pan sauce on top and parmesan herbed orzo on the side.


This meal did wonders for my mood. So if you're feeling the winter blues wrap yourself up some beef sirloin. Here's the recipe if your mouth is watering the way mine is right now. Oh, and Janelle, this is a completely stove-top made meal.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. He looks so very very cute in that white outfit. Me and Courtney FLIPPED. That meal looks delicious. I'm sorry that it's snowy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Nice photos!!! They look professional! And the meal looks fit for a king! We had a wonderful, wonderful time, and we are sorry that it was so short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We'll definitely have to try it. Looks delicious. And what a handsome little boy you have! Can't wait to meet him in December/January. Plus, if you want to get away from the winter wonderland, I know where you could come...

    ReplyDelete