Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All About Jack

I know. I know. You're like, but I thought 9 out of every 10 posts were always about Jack. True. True. But since Jack turned one and I don't do the monthly posts about him, I feel like I haven't recorded some of his funniest new quirks. So here it goes.

We have a game that we all like to play. Adam and I sit on the couch with Jack in our laps and have a kissing circle. I kiss Jack, Jack kisses Adam, Adam kisses me and so on. After a few rounds of that, Jack will grab mine and Adam's faces and shove them together to get us to kiss again. So we appease him and kiss. Then we start the circle again, but he stops it again to push our lips together. What a sweetie! Between the ages of about 6 and 17 we really plan on using this against him. He'll be like, "pleh, pleh, yuck don't do that!"

He's been a great helper as of late. He likes to help put his toys away. Sometimes putting the toys away makes him remember how fun they were, though. So he ends up re-playing with it. Then when he needs a new diaper, he'll even help us out by bringing us the diaper mat and a diaper and laying down on the mat.

When I catch him doing something bad, I'll tell him no and it just fuels the fire. He gets a big grin on his face and grabs whatever he was playing with that he shouldn't have and run for the next room to get away from me. It irks me and makes me crack up all at the same time.

When it's time for bed, he'll start waving bye-bye to us and heading for the stairs. But when we respond by saying night night he gets the biggest frown on his face. I can't even contort my face into the extreme frowns he can make. Then when you put him in the crib he looks at you with the biggest puppy dog eyes and the huge frown the whole time while you get him his water and blanky. I find myself trying so hard to hold in the laughter then when I walk out of the room I just crack up. Is it wrong to laugh when your kid is feeling so sad and betrayed?

Finally, on Sunday we were going through all the new fun stuff I got for Jack to keep him entertained. I was reading him a fun book all about different words. On the food page there was a picture of a pod of peas. I pointed at them and said, "peas." He looked at me with a big grin and rubbed his belly. As background for this one, a couple months ago I tried to teach Jack how to sign please and thank you. I'd withhold toys from him trying to get him to say please first, which he absolutely hated. The sign for please is rubbing your chest. Imagine Jack's delight when that stupid please sign finally made sense! Oh ok I get it. Peas! I couldn't help but laugh every time he pointed at the peas and signed "please."

1 comment:

  1. It's funny what you said at the beginning because I was thinking exactly what you told me I would think...man you are good! Love the "peas" story!

    ReplyDelete