It's not a 202 get-together if Kelsey doesn't burp Al.
She's pwetty and I wuv her. So does Ben.
I said, "Stevie and I get to sit on this couch cause we both have kids." Of course Al said, "Oh, then I get to sit here too!" Someday we'll find out that Al's illegitimate kid joke isn't really a joke.
As promised. This one's for you, Janelley Belly. My Photoshopping skills aren't up to par, so I just had to use Paint. Don't fret, though, we talked about you the WHOLE time.
Then the wedding day came. Al was just stunning in the temple. When she walked in the Sealing room she was just beaming from ear to ear. She looked so so pretty. I gave her a big hug after the ceremony and, of course, couldn't keep from crying. I just love 'er. After the ceremony we all waited in the foyer since it was sprinkling outside. Then they came out. I don't think I've ever seen Al looking so happy. She definitely had the, "I just got MARRIED" look on her face.
BIG smile
So so PRETTY!
The shoes are SO Al.
Sisters
The reception had Al written all over it. Everything was fun and bright and the dance floor was packed all night. One of my favorite parts of the night was getting to catch up with old friends from high school. Jack got passed around A LOT.
A few of my favorite moments from the night:
-All the 202 girls were hovering around the line to get a picture with the bride. Al was visiting with some people in the line and Ben was visiting with people out of the line. Al kept calling for Ben to come over, but he couldn't hear. So I said, "Hey, Ben, your wife is calling you." He gave this pretend exasperated face but was also half smiling. He's really really happy to be married to my best friend. That makes me pretty happy.
-I only saw this moment from a distance, because Jack was screaming from all the noise. But I really liked when they cut the cake and smashed it in each other's faces. I only saw the actually moment out of the corner of my eye. But I did see the aftermath of Ben pulling cake out of his ear. You just don't see many good cake smashings these days.
-My favorite moment of the night, I think, was when all of us 202 girls started a dancing train on the floor. It started with the four of us, then Al joined in front, then Ben joined in front of her. By the end there were fifty or so people in line jumping around the church gym with the bride and groom at the front. I had the great honor and privilege of being behind the bride, so I got to hold on to her train. It was no small task. She was hard to keep up with.
Jack and pretty Aunt Al
First dance
My mom and dad had the Drake kids overnight, so they came to the reception and played with Jack.
High school friends. Cute prego Erica had already left, though. :(
With the hat. I can't believe that thing is still going around.
202 girls, minus a few. The weird placement of my head is an ode to Janelley, since she was stuck in stinky old Hawaii.
jk jk jk. I totally didn't mean to do it. It must run in the Drake genes or something.
Cutting the cake.
Really blurry, but you get the picture.
The blurry aftermath.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Al is just so so cute. I just love 'er. I can't believe she's Al Jacobsen now. So weird. It'll be tough to get used to that one. Sorry if this was too many pictures. For anyone who doesn't have any idea who Al is, sorry about how long this post was. I just thought it best to err on the side of too many pictures and too much detail rather than not enough for Janelle's sake.


Nat! Thank you so so much. This was exactly what I wanted and needed. You're amazing. And you're funny too. I knew exactly what you were talking about with the head placement thingy. Little Al looked so beautiful and happy. Can't wait to meet Ben on Friday. And yes, I'm sure you guys talked about me the whoooole time:). Thank you, I love you, you're the greatest! LSD.
ReplyDeleteOh and thanks for putting me in the pic. I feel like I was really there.
You did SUCH a great job with this post. All the important stuff was covered. SHE WAS SO PRETTY! I kindofwannacry when I see her pictures. The train was UHMAYZING and I just love you for posting everything. I kind of want to copy and paste this to my blog. And Jack? He's the most precious baby that has ever lived on this planet evereverever. I love you.
ReplyDelete