Rant over.
This was actually my first time going to the state fair. So I wasn't sure what to expect. But we had a pretty good time and Jack loved seeing all the animals. He even got to touch a Kangaroo and we saw a baby cow who had just barely been born. As in, we walked in the barn minutes after it was born. Don't worry, I didn't invade that poor mama cow's privacy by snapping pictures.
There was an Aussie exhibit that had kangaroos, wallabies, and kookaburras right up close. It was pretty cool to watch them hopping around. Jack was barking at them. He gets confused, which makes me wonder, what sound do kangaroos actually make...?
We also saw gigantic 800 pound pumpkins. Can anyone guess what Jack called them?
And we got to see some bees. The beekeeper said there were probably twenty or thirty thousand in there.
Evidently Jack likes it when you tickle him and say, "bzzzz." In this picture he's tickling himself and saying, to the best of his one-year-old ability, "bzzzz." He was tickling himself all the rest of the day.
Sorry I didn't get a pic of the butter cow royals. I really should have. It was masterful. They had Will and Kate, the Queen of England, the little girl who covered her ears on the balcony, and someone else that I didn't recognize. The whole exhibit was displayed in a big fridge, because it was made out of butter after all. Oh and did I mention they were all depicted as cows? Masterful. In Utah we might not batter our butter up and throw it in a vat of oil, but we sure can sculpt with it.











What sound do kangaroos make? That's easy, "BOING!" Royal wedding party of cows done in butter? That is utterly fantastic, very touching and MOOving. My heart melts.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I bet his head almost exploded at the size of those big orange BALLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Wow, what an interesting... uh.. butter exhibit. Hm.. that's almost as good as Big Tex... allllmoooost.
ReplyDeleteKangaroos?? Awesome! I want to see a kangaroo. Not so sure about the bees though. I'm not a fan of bees. The butter thing is cool. And I can understand how Utah has a cool state fair, because I think Idaho's is awesome!
ReplyDelete