I knew that having Jack around during the holidays would make the Santa part of Christmas more magical and fun. But I didn't quite anticipate that at such a young age he could also give even more meaning to the real reason for the season.
On Sunday night we had a really great Family Home Evening. We just bought a pretty little nativity set on sale at Michael's. So on Sunday Adam read from the account in Luke 2 and as he read Jack and I put up the appropriate figure. Afterward we sang Joy to the World and talked about Jesus for a little bit. Jack remained surprisingly calm and attentive. Then the next morning as he was eating breakfast he pointed toward the entertainment center and said, "Jesus." All day he kept pointing up and saying Jesus. I'd lift him up to look at it and he just loved it. Then the other day I hung a small picture of Christ above his bed and every morning when I go to get him he points to it and says, "Jesus."
Jack's example teaches me what "child-like faith" really means. His sweet, simple love of the Savior has got me thinking a lot about that tiny baby that was born under such humble circumstances who would someday give His life for me. He made it possible for me to be with Adam and Jack for eternity and for that I'll be eternally indebted to Him.
(Now don't go thinking we're all great and good about FHE, though. This is the first one we've done our whole marriage. But I'm glad we did it and I want to do it more often, because it obviously stuck with Jack for a while.)

Natalie love the look of the blog! Such a sweet story...not going to lie I teared up a bit! Such sweet spirits children are!
ReplyDeleteHow did you get your blog to look cool even on the mobile version?? Jack is so sweet. I always catch Trooper staring at the picture of Christ on the wall and sometimes I read the scriptures to him while I'm feeding him and it makes me wonder what my sweet little boy could tell ME about Christ, ya know? I love that trooper was born in time for Christmas. It's going to make it that much more special, just like you said. Love you!
ReplyDeleteGood job. Jack is a very aware little boy. They all come to us so innocent and pure. They are a real reminder of how our Heavenly Father must see us. We are fortunate to be trusted with their love.
ReplyDeleteWow. I Just read this. Thanks for recording these memories. Love you forever!
ReplyDelete